I’m Dan Eldridge, an independent journalist and guidebook author based in Philadelphia.
- I write frequently about business and creative entrepreneurship, economic development, the publishing industry, and all things odd, unusual, unexpected, bizarre, and what have you.
- My byline has appeared in The New York Times, Columbia Journalism Review, The Daily Telegraph, and dozens of other print and online outlets.
- I’m the author of all three editions of Moon Pittsburgh (Avalon Travel), and the co-author of Lonely Planet guidebooks to Turkey, Southeast Asia, the Philippines and New England.
- I’m a graduate of the Transitions Online Foreign Correspondent Training Course in Prague, Czech Republic. I’ve also attend the Book Passage Travel Conference in Corte Madera, Calif.
- I currently serve on the board of the ASJA-backed Writers Emergency Assistance Fund (WEAF).
Book Business | Have You Heard? Audiobooks are booming. Here’s what you need to know. [PDF]
Publishing Executive | Speaking with Garden & Gun publisher and CEO Rebecca Darwin [PDF]
Publishing Executive | A conversion with Kerrie Keegan of Reader’s Digest [PDF]
Keystone Edge | Culture Shock: PA’s artisan cheese movement spreads the love
Keystone Edge | The Lehigh Valley’s craft beer scene comes of age
Flying Kite | The Battle for the Future of Washington Avenue West in South Philly
Keystone Edge | From Dream to Drink: How to start a craft brewery in Pennsylvania
Columbia Journalism Review | Open Bar: The Pen & Pencil Club
Columbia Journalism Review | Open Bar: Eightbar
The New York Times | Friendly and Free (and Going Across the Country)
The Daily | Drink Your Phil: City of Brotherly Love is also the city of amazing craft beers
The Daily | Why even non-skiers should consider a mountain resort vacation this winter
Dealerscope | MyBell Wins Big at CE Week Next Top Makers Pitch Night
Dealerscope | Stream TV’s Glasses-Free 3D Technology is Nearly Here
Book Business | Getting Your Words’ Worth: Do we still need the dictionary? [PDF]
Book Business | Ebook Conversion: 10 Tips for Finding Your Ebook Conversion Vendor [PDF]
Dealerscope | CES Unveiled Highlights: Dish, Soul, Orbitix and more
Dealerscope | Retail Pros Discuss Full Solution Strategies
Dealerscope | Responding to Internet Outrage, Apple Reverses EPEAT Stand
Pittsburgh City Paper | A new national art magazine launches by featuring Pittsburgh
Philadelphia Weekly | Local writing centers pick up where traditional classrooms leave off
Venture | Tempting Thailand: A Land of Two Halves [PG.4]
Paste | Finally! An ice-cream truck that collectors of obscure Japanese toys can appreciate
Whole Life Times | Cool to Be Kind: The Kindness Cab delivers a goodwill message [PDF]
Made Man | A Son, A Mother and a Tsunami
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette | Hare Krishna farm community of New Vrindaban gives instant karma
Philadelphia Weekly | This Master’s Degree Kills Fascists: Joshua Marcus resurrects Philly folk
Houston Chronicle | Soaking in the Soul of Thailand
The Next American City | Making the Cut: Detroit, Mich. [PDF]
The Next American City | A Turnaround Brews [PDF]
Philadelphia Weekly | Mural Arts Helping At-Risk Kids Develop Sense of Community
Philadelphia Weekly | Meet Philly’s Unlikeliest Porn Kings
Mediabistro | A Farang in Paradise
Pgh City Paper | On organic farms around the world, travelers are rediscovering the simple life
Pgh City Paper | A Conversation with Dirt Rag publisher Michael Browne
Pgh City Paper | All across Pittsburgh, punks are snapping up houses and settling down
Pgh City Paper | Zinesters on Parade: Jessica Hopper and Al Burian visit Pittsburgh
Pgh City Paper | Why does Mike Speranzo think Mr. Smalls can survive?
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette | The Next Page: An Expert’s Guide to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Magazine | Exploring the city via its paths of ascent and descent [P1] [P2]